Friday, June 21, 2013

NABE

In Japanese cuisine, there is something called nobe, which is like shabu-shabu or hotpot. Well within nabe, there are also several different kinds, such as sukiyaki, oden, yudofu, etc. Well, the one we had today was probably closest to yosenabe, which yose 寄 means putting together and nabe 鍋 which means pot. We had it at home at my friend's house in Chofu. It's ridiculous in the summertime, since it's so hot, but I won't be here in the winter, so this will have to do!
My friend is Australian, by the way, so I had Tim Tams for the first time! yay!
Australian coins. They have 20-cent coins!
English money.
And I declare Australian bills the best. They're colored!!
and yet another Australian delicacy: kangaroo jerky!
It wasn't as bad as the crocodile jerky. It tasted like beef jerky, actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment