Saturday, June 29, 2013

all-night karaoke

So another thing we do in Japan because there is no train service at night is all-night karaoke. I haven't talked much about this because I like to sleep at night and be home, but I haven't done a lot of either of those since I've arrived here in March. Anyway, so when it is necessary to stay out or if you have missed the last train, one of the things you can do is karaoke all night because it's cheap and you don't really need to sing. But last night was not for any of those reasons. Last night was done on purpose for fun.
I went to izakaya with a couple of classmates from school first. They had ¥60 drinks-can you believe that? But you get what you pay for. The cocktails were 90% juice and the other option was beer, which I don't really like. But when that happens, the only thing you can do is drink a lot lol.
they gave us these tiny cans of beer as we waited to be seated
乾杯!
LOL
After that, we headed for karaoke. Because they didn't want to stay out all night, most of them went home and ended the night there. But for the rest of us, we merged with another group of people who also happened to be drinking at the same place and sung all night. Since I like karaoke, time just passed by really quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment