Sunday, June 30, 2013

ageHa

I went to ageHa last night: the biggest club of Tokyo. It was actually my first club experience in Japan because I never got around to it, since I was traveling out of Tokyo every weekend. Anyway, it wasn't so great. The place was really big-that's for sure-but there was no atmosphere. There were a lot of people, but everyone seemed to be sleeping, nobody was dancing (unless swaying left and right is dancing?), and for some strange reason, everyone was facing forward on the dance floor. I've never seen this at a club before. Nobody was talking to each other and everyone was just looking at the DJ. Not to mention, the music sucked. There were four or five sections to the place (including one outdoors with a small pool, which was nice), which were supposed to have different themes, but they all played the same stupid house music. It would have been fine if one of them was like that, but all of them were the same! So I don't get the difference; it's just a different location.
The entrance (cover charge) was pretty expensive: ¥3500, which I feel was a rip-off since drinks were also pretty pricey for the amount of alcohol in them. There were ¥700 shots and ¥900 beer/cocktails, and while they sound cheap compared to New York, they were so watered down, I was able to handle a couple of them.
However, aside from everything, I like to believe that if a place sucks, the people you go with make up for it, and it did to some extent. I tried to enjoy myself all night by dancing and going against the clubbing standards (such as facing the opposite direction as everyone else), but eventually just went to sleep before the night was over. If trains were running, I would have left a long time ago.
to start off the night, we went to an izakaya in Shibuya.
Kai, the sake master.
From Shibuya, there is a shuttle bus that takes you directly to the club.
I left around six in the morning and took the train back home. Kai and I were both really tired, so we fell asleep on the train and actually missed our stop. We went so far ahead, we were almost at Omiya lol. So we took the reverse train back and Kai, for some reason, decided to sit on the priority seats. I was to tired to care, so I took the other priority seats across from him and just laid down there, since the train was empty anyway. A stop or two later, I hear an old lady ask, "どうしたの?" (What happened?), so I immediately sat up and apologized. And that's when things started getting weird. Out of nowhere, this guy just runs to us and sits down next to me, pretending to sleep. At first, I didn't bother, I just closed my eyes again, but then I felt him inching closer and closer to me, so I got up and went to sit next to Kai. But that guy just didn't get it! He then kept asking us "大丈夫?" "もう死んじゃったの?" (Are you okay? have you died?) etc. It was so freaking annoying. I ignored him and got some peace for a while until I heard some other passenger across the seat snicker. I wondered why at first, but all of a sudden Kai just got up to get off the train a stop before our stop. I was so confused, but when I looked down, I realized he had thrown up on the train. -.- So I followed him out, where he continued to throw up on the train tracks. And while all this was happening, that guy followed us out and started smoking! and offered it to us! I was speechless. I had no clue who he was or why he was following us, but he introduced himself as Youichi, 32, from Warabi. As if I cared! I just wanted him to leave us alone.
When the next train arrived, we got on once more, and I wondered when I was going to get home. When we reached our station, Kai and I got off, and thank goodness that guy didn't. However, as we were walking toward the stairs, that guy started running after us inside the train. I was so freaked out that I started running also. I was so afraid that he would get off the train and start following us back to the dorm, as well, but thankfully the train doors closed.
Even writing this, I have no clue what happened. All I know is that I took out my camera to shoot a video because I needed to confirm the reality of everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment