Sunday, June 2, 2013

karaoke!

Satsuma Hachiro, Kyushu restaurant in Shinjuku. There are eight floors!
They had these 酒だる sake barrel seats for parties of two (aka couples <3).
My mango grape cocktail, which tasted like orange juice. >_>
溢れる日本酒
"overflowing sake" 
appetizer: hotate (scallop), taro, tofu
"healthy chicken"
renkon (lotus root)
It wasn't so good.. ><
The yellow (mustard type filling) was like wasabi and the flavor was way too strong. The orange one was what I thought was mentaiko, but it tasted like shredded carrots (which it probably was). The renkon had no taste, but since it was raw, it was crunchy, and finally, the soy sauce dip it came with... None of it blended blegh.
It looked better than it tasted.
basashi<3 (horse sashimi)
I'm in love with horse meat (lol). It was definitely nowhere near as good as the basashi specialty restaurant I went to in Asakusa, but still good. 
tuna tataki
sooooooo good
We went to karaoke after (my first karaoke experience in Japan since I came). Why I waited so long to do this, I have no clue, but we had trouble deciding which one to go to, since there were so many!
This is one that I stumbled across. We didn't go there, but I thought the design was nice.
We ended up going to a place called Shidax, which was more expensive than I thought. Well, it was a Saturday night in Shinjuku, but I felt like we were ripped off because they knew we were rushing for the last train and didn't have time to argue over the bill. They charged us extra for being first-timers and charged per half hour. ><
So be careful going to karaoke in Shinjuku if you're going to stay out until the last minute!
And a note about "the last train". Totally different from the morning! Sure, both times are suppppper crowded, but the morning train is so depressing. Despite how many people there are, it is dead silent. Half the people are sleeping, while the other half are on their smartphones, reading manga, etc. The last train is full of drunk people! The train reeks of alcohol, but it doesn't bother anyone, since everyone drank. Many people don't make it to the train and pass out on the street or the station. It's quite the scene. Just be careful where you step, because there is <vomited> food all over the place (ewww lol), but it's all cleaned up by the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment