Monday, July 1, 2013

Ophiuchus

I went to an astrology themed cafe called Milky Way today. They served parfaits according to each astrological sign. As I looked at the menu, I noticed that there were thirteen, which made me wonder because I thought there were only twelve signs. I asked the waitress later on and she pointed out a snake sign that was extra. I did some research later on and found out that it was the thirteenth sign that never made it to the horoscope, but is on the milky way: ophiuchus. Don't ask me how to pronounce it because I have no clue.
The place is located in Ikebukuro, about ten minutes away from the station. 
and menu displays! These are so useful in helping decide what to order.
They all looked so good..
From the window, you can see the busy Ikebukuro. I like Ikebukuro a lot because it's not as crowded as Shinjuku or Shibuya. It has a more mature atmosphere, I feel.
so of course I had to order my own sign, which is virgo. I'm not a huge fan of strawberry, but I figured I should try it. It was pretty good, though. There was strawberry ice cream, with come flaky cereal, and strawberry shortcake at the bottom, topped with whipped cream and whole strawberries. My friend ordered the number two most popular item, which I forgot which sign it was, but it was a chocolate banana parfait with crepe. I liked that one a lot more because I'm more of a chocolate fan than strawberry. 
and my love life reading.
The inside of the cafe was really pretty. The ceiling was full of lights looking like stars and the windows were nice and clean.
Outside the store, there was a Tanabata tree, where you write down your wishes on a strip of paper and tie it to a tree.
Some of them were really funny, so I couldn't resist taking pictures of them.
Right: to cure my halitosis.
"Nice body"--I swear it's the same person haha
"To become an F-cup."

No comments:

Post a Comment