Friday, July 5, 2013

上智浴衣デー

Today was Yukata Day at Sophia University. I bought a yukata the other day because I'm going to go on a cruise next week, where you get a discount for wearing a yukata to it. But I also really wanted a yukata anyway, so this was the perfect chance. I bought mine at a department store 丸井, which the brand name looks like OIOI. It was pretty expensive because I bought a high quality one, but I figured if I'm going to buy one, I might as well buy a nice one. That's how I am. It'd be great to find a cheaper one, but if the quality is not up to par, I deem that as waste. 
So to give you an idea of what a real yukata costs, I'll tell you the prices: the yukata and obi was ¥18900, the geta (shoes) were ¥6090, purse ¥3990, obi accessory was ¥5040, and flower hair accessory was ¥2520. That totals up to ¥36540, which is roughly $370. 
By the way, if you purchase over ¥10501 and are a foreign visitor leaving within six months, you can get a tax refund at most department stores. You just have to bring your receipt and your passport to the place indicated in the building (varies among each department store) and fill out some information there. Keep in mind, though, that it must be done on the same day of your purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment