Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Uyghur style

Today, I went to a Uyghur restaurant called 五月花 (Mayflower?). They served really authentic Uyghur food there, which I❤.
We decided to go with the course menu to have a bit of everything. But even though everything was in small portions, it really adds up!
湯飯,hand-drawn noodles with tomato, celery, pepper sauce; wrap, some kind of vegetable *I forgot the name of it* :(
 
羊肉串 lamb kebab, 羊湯 lamb soup
 
corn soup, apparently only the king used to have this; 手抓飯 pilaf, rice eaten with hands (I used chopsticks)
lamb dumpling
There are also dance performances at certain times of the day. It's been so long since I've heard this music haha. Please watch my video to check it out. :)
The restroom sign. Anybody know the reason why they call it 聽雨軒?  Because it sounds like the rain? hehe
For dinner, we had dinner at the hotel again. The hotel is really fancy and they serve great food, but I guess since it's so typically Chinese and served everywhere, I prefer to have more authentic Xinjiang food.
By the way, this is the hotel we're staying at.
Our giant revolving table.
I have a feeling this is becoming a food blog..

No comments:

Post a Comment