Sunday, May 26, 2013

Let's go, WARABI!

Today was the Second Semiannual DK House Futsal Championship. Basically, an indoor soccer match between the different branches of my dorm. I've never played futsal before (nor have I ever heard of it until this day), and the last time I played soccer was over ten years ago, in elementary school. We had one practice last week and went straight to the game this week. Surprisingly, I met my friend Rouven from school (I didn't know he stayed at DK House! a different branch, though), and that made it all the more fun.
There were five teams playing this time: Shiki, Shinkoiwa, Nerima, Honsha (DK management staff), and Warabi. Even the chairman of DK House joined the game! Because we were short on time, we had twenty games, each lasting about fifteen minutes. I had so much fun! Somehow, I ended up the team captain, but honestly, we all worked together!
!
warming up..
and this is how WE get ready :)
#15
Shiki vs. Shinkoiwa
Warabi vs. Nerima
Shiki vs. Honsha
janken to decide who goes to the field
She was so cute!
senpai-tachi 
Pre-game Chant! 
お疲れ様!
After the game, we had a party at our dorm, with everyone that participated. We had a mini award ceremony, announcing the winners of the match, as well as individual player awards. Of course, WARABI won! Good job!
drinking out of the trophy!
a lot of food!
drunk lol
so cute :3 
わらび最高!みんな大好きだよ!~キャプテンより
We played bingo and rock, paper, scissors. The winner gets ¥10000! and guess what? I won! much to my surprise.


Later on that night, I went to the Hotaru (Firefly) Festival with a couple of people form my dorm. It took place at the Sumida River, around where Skytree is (in Asakusa). The purpose of the event is unclear, but it's just another random festival where you can buy an いのり星 (prayer star), which is basically an LED ball and throw it in the river. It was really pretty. It was dark, but all you could see were the blue lights floating in the water.
D Block
by Riko
the start! 
There were also a lot of boats and cruises.
Skytree!
time to make a wish!
So this is what the ball looks like. It doesn't light up unless you throw it into the river. 
So the bottom has these two metal generators. It will not light up unless it comes into contact with something that will produce a current, such as water or metal. Cool concept, right? And it's environmental, too.
Dissecting the ball lol

Of course, always end the day with food.
crab pizza
takoyaki, basashi, kujira sashimi
This is whale meat!

No comments:

Post a Comment