Thursday, May 2, 2013

IRON MAN 3

I watched Iron Man 3 today! It was a good movie; I really liked it. This time, the movie was released before the States, which never happened before, so I get to watch it before you guys. xP I guess it's more welcomed in Japan. I've never watched any of the movies in the Iron Man series, so apparently, accordingly to my friend, I should watch the previous ones because they are all somehow connected. I felt like I understood everything that was going on, though, so since it's a completely new story, I guess it's not really necessary to know the background, but I guess if you wanted to better understand the movie, you should watch the first two and The Avengers.

Anyway, it was my first time in a movie theatre in Japan. We went to a theatre in Shinjuku, called Shinjuku Wald 9. I think it was located inside a mall, so it was on the 11th or 13th floor. In Japan, movie tickets are sold through a self-service machine, not an actual cashier behind the counter. When you buy your ticket, you also choose your seat, so it's not on a first come first serve basis. As for inside the show room, it was really nice and clean, of course. The seats were very comfortable and the aisles between seats were wide enough for people to walk through without having the need for you to get up. They also had hooks on the back of each seat for you to hang your bag and clothes! Very convenient; that's why I love Japan.
Regarding étiquette, everyone respects the theatre rules. There were no interruptions or distractions throughout the movie (no cellphones going off or even texting, no children screaming, no kicking behind the seats, no talking, etc.). And lastly, Japanese people sit through the credits after the movie ends. I think it's a sign of respect for the people who worked so hard to make the movie. So unlike the States, where people get up to leave immediately after the movie ends, everyone stays and the lights don't even turn on until everything is finished playing.
Iron Man 3 display 
The manner (rules) of the theatre.
No cameras!
After the movies, we went to eat at a restaurant in Yoyogi, called GUT's SOUL. It was within walking distance from the movie theatre (about fifteen minutes). It's a yakiniku tabehodai, meaning an all-you-can-eat BBQ buffet. The food was deliciousss and affordable. I spend ¥1280 total and it was all-you-can-eat. There was a time limit, of course, and if you don't finish what you order, they charge you extra. But of course, that's never a problem.
Melon Soda

No comments:

Post a Comment