Thursday, April 11, 2013

Tokyu food show

More on the commuter's pass. As I am getting more familiar with the transportation system here, I realize that since route A and B both have the same start and end destinations, it doesn't really matter which one you take, since there is no record of where you transfer. Therefore, as long as you enter at Nishigawaguchi and exit at Yotsuya, it will be free. The only thing is the stops in between; if you are planning to go out a lot and want to save some money, you can consider the stops in between, figure out which stations you use often, and choose the route which passes those places. 

Today, I went to school for day 2 of freshman welcome week. In terms of signing up for clubs and circles, it was basically the same as yesterday. Since I went at an earlier time today, though, I was able to catch a glimpse of the outside performances by a different club.
Track & Field
All guys!
After, I decided to go to Harajuku, and walk along Omotesando because I heard it was a good shopping area. And it sure was. There were so many stores, tons of brand names, from Chanel to Dior, Burberry, Missoni, Louis Vuitton, and Shu Uemura! which was sadly pulled entirely out of the states a few years ago. 
My favoriteeee!
A "bazaar"
Temples in the middle of skyscrapers are the norm in Tokyo.
<3
We ate at a small restaurant hidden within the ward. The food was pretty standard. The only thing I didn't like about it was the indoor smoking. 
煮魚定食
Fish and minced radish with fresh-squeezed lemon juice, hot rice, tofu, cabbage miso soup, pickled pickles.
A cool staircase.. I'm wondering if it's the fire escape?
I would love to gaze out of those windows. 
こどもの城
The Children's Castle
We walked all the way to Shibuya and decided to enter Shibuya 109, a huge shopping mall for girls. The store stood eight floors tall, with two lower levels. There were sooooo many shops, mostly girly styles, with lace and bow ties, which I'm all for, but honestly, after a while, I felt the mall was just one giant store; I really couldn't tell the difference between the shops, since the styles were all the same!
But no cameras allowed in the store. :(
I wanted to show and share so much.
The only thing I managed to get on camera: cell phone straps and key chains.
Note that these are two to three times bigger than an iPhone!
I actually managed to go through the entire store, all eight floors.
After that, I went to Tokyu Department store. I liked that place much more; the environment was more relaxed (no heavy music or young girls bustling around in 7-inch platforms), and it was more spacious. Below this department store is Tokyu Food Show, which is exactly as the name proclaims: a spot for gourmet foods, ranging from sweets to deli goods to wine, eat in, take-out, etc. A lot of the place did not allow cameras, so I could only take a limited amount of pictures.
A roll cake tower.
You can actually buy the "kit" and build it yourself. 
Seeing this just makes me happy. :) 
^. <
in the making.. 
pork shumai - first time I've seen shumai made of pork.
meat bun
some type of shumai/dumpling - everything is homemade!
sooo many kebabs, and all of them looked so good...
mochiiiii
And if you don't know already, I love freshly baked bread.
especially right out of the oven! 

2 comments:

  1. Hi there. I found you from Judy's Tokyo Greet and meet video link :). It's nice to see great pictures from my hometown. Good luck in Tokyo and have fun <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by! and also for your kind words. :)

      Delete